Southern Capitals City Meets Bush Summer 2019
Brochure Type: The Australia and New Zealand Book 2019
Explore the wonder Down Under side by side with high-spirited hosts who'll share their sheep-shearing lifestyle, gold rush heritage and sizzling good fun and food at a real Aussie Barbie.
- City tour in Melbourne
- Orientation of Canberra and Beechworth.
- Visit Parliament House, the Australian War Memorial, a sheep farm.
- 4 hot buffet breakfasts (including Connect with Locals)
- 1 lunch
- 1 dinner
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most regions or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage, local tips and charges
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays
- All hotel charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (636) 239-3040 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14238039
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2019
- 5 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Sydney||Sydney - Canberra: Journey through Australia's Southern Highlands bound for Canberra, purpose-built with the goal of creating the finest capital in the world. Stop at historic Berrima, famous for its gaol and early colonial architecture, then visit Gold Creek Station and meet local sheep farmer and 'Local Specialist'. Gain a deeper understanding of life on the farm before joining the Starr family for an authentic Aussie barbecue lunch. On arrival in Australia's modern capital, you'll embark on a tour through Parliament House with a 'Local Specialist'. Later, 'Dive into Culture' and visit the Australian War Memorial to pay tribute to the brave Australian servicemen and women who have lost their lives in the past century in armed conflicts. Stay to hear an evocative lament, then join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for dinner with wine. Welcome Reception, Lunch, Dinner with wine|
|Day 2||Beechworth||Canberra - Beechworth: Admire a city designed for a young nation as you ascend to the summit of Mt. Ainslie for panoramic views of Canberra with its man-made lake Burley Griffin and award-winning architecture. Cross the mighty Murray into Victoria and visit its best-preserved gold rush town, historic Beechworth. We overnight in one of Trafalgar's 'Stays with Stories', immersing ourselves in the town's country-style gold rush heritage. Delve into the history of Australia's heady gold rush days after a brief orientation, with free time thereafter to explore its antique shops, galleries, the museum and the legendary Beechworth Bakery, self-proclaimed as 'Australia's Greatest Bakery'. Buffet Breakfast|
Boutique Country Accommodation
|Day 3||Melbourne||Beechworth - Melbourne (2 Nights): 'Connect with Locals' over a Be My Guest breakfast, then journey through Glenrowan and Ned Kelly country to cosmopolitan Melbourne for a city sightseeing tour, where you'll discover why Melbourne is frequently touted as one of the world's most liveable cities. Spend the evening at leisure immersing yourself in this capital of cool, reflected in its elegant arcades, grand civic buildings and stylish shopping and dining options lining the banks of the Yarra. Full Breakfast|
|Day 4||Melbourne||Melbourne Free Time: Enjoy a full day at leisure to connect with Melbourne's sophisticated cityscape. Wander the narrow lanes in search of edgy street art or consider an Optional Experience touring the Great Ocean Road past lush forests and golden beaches to see such highlights as the Bay of Islands, London Bridge and of course the Twelve Apostles, which rise from the crashing waves of the Southern Ocean. On your last evening in Melbourne, embrace your inner gourmand and seek out one of Melbourne's laneway restaurants to sample the cuisine for which the city is so famous. Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Depart Melbourne||Depart Melbourne: Your holiday concludes this morning after breakfast. You will be transferred to Melbourne Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime).Buffet Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class